Home Page for Jianxin (Roger) Jiao
The G.W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
MaRC Building, Room 259
Phone: (404) 894-3256
Fax: (404) 894-9324
For maps, driving, and transit info, see directions at GTA
PARB Building, Room A231
Georgia Institute of Technology Savannah
Phone: (912) 963-6976
For maps, driving, and transit info, see directions at GTS
- B.Eng., Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, China (1988)
- M.Eng., Intelligent Manufacturing, Tianjin University, China (1993)
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (1998)
- Postgraduate Diploma of Teaching in Higher Education, National Institute of Education, Singapore (2001)
- Associate Lecturer, Department of Industrial Design, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, China
- Lecturer, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Tianjin University, China
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Assistant Professor / Associate Professor with Tenure, Division of System and Engineering Management, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
CMES – Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society, Industrial Engineering Sub-Committee
IIE - Institute of Industrial Engineers
ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Engineering design and product development (Design theory & methodology, Product family and product platform, Product portfolio strategy planning, Product innovation management, Product lifecycle management, Affective design and human-machine interface)
Enterprise engineering and industrial systems (Manufacturing systems analysis and design, Enterprise modeling & PDM, Operations and production management, System modeling and simulation, Sales/Marketing manufacturing interface, Global manufacturing management)
Supply chain management and engineering logistics (Supply chain configuration, Supply-demand chain management, Coordinated product, process, and logistics decision making, RFID applications in logistics)
Engineering management (Project management, Innovation and technology management, Engineering economics with focus on real options, Customer satisfaction and requirement engineering, Service engineering)
Information systems (AI in design and manufacturing, Industrial applications of e-commerce, e-design and e-manufacturing and e-logistics, Manufacturing and management information systems, Ambient intelligence for healthcare applications)
1. Wu, Z, Jiao, R.J., Yang, M., Liu, Y. and Wang, Z., “An Enhanced Adaptive CUSUM Control Chart”, IIE Transactions, Accepted, 2008.
2. Zhang, L., You, X, Jiao, J.R. and Helo, P., “Supply Chain Configuration with Coordinated Product, Process and Logistics Decisions: An Approach based on Petri Nets”, International Journal of Production Research, 2008, Accepted.
3. Wu, Z., Jiao, J. and He, Z., “A Control Scheme for Monitoring the Frequency and Magnitude of an Event”, International Journal of Production Research, 2008, In Print.
4. Zhang, L. and Jiao, R.J., “Modeling Process Platform-Based Production Configuration Based on Nested Colored Object-Oriented Petri-Nets with Changeable Structures”, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 2008, To Appear.
5. Pokharel, S., Jiao, R.J. and Ozdamar, L., “Strategic Alliance for E-Fulfillment: A Case Study in the Telecommunications Sector”, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 2008, In Print.
6. Ma, Y.-S., Jiao, J.R., Deng, Y.-M., “Web Service Oriented Electronic Catalogs for Online Product Customization”, Concurrent Engineering: Research and Application, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 263-270, 2008.
7. Xu, Q., Jiao, R.J., Yang, X., Helander, M., Khalid, H.M. and Opperud, A., “An Analytical Kano Model for Customer Need Analysis”, Design Studies, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 87-110, 2009.
Complete List of Publications
Last modified 01/09/2011 06:06 PM