Education in the SRL
Focus of the Education Program in the SRL
We wish to foster the development of methods of teaching and learning about the product realization process which are in keeping with principles embodied in TQM/CQI and Decision-Based Design.
Instructional Use of the Laboratory
The Systems Realization Laboratory Policy:
Involvement in Teaching: All members of the Laboratory are expected to participate in the creation, dissemination and preservation of knowledge, that is, research, lecturing and writing. All members (including students supported by fellowships and companies) must be involved in both teaching and research; there is no exception. Teaching-related activities include supervising industry sponsored design projects, sponsoring and supervising projects in our design courses, lecturing, developing exams and problem sets, correcting assignments, etc. Teaching is as important as research in our Laboratory.
Classes Taught by the Faculty of the SRL
- CS1813 - Introduction to Design II
- CE/ME1770 - Introduction to Engineering Graphics
- COE1361 - Computing for Engineers
- ME2016 - Computer Techniques
- ME3110 - Creative Decisions and Design
- ME3720 - Introduction to Thermal Fluid Sciences
- ME4041 - Interactive Computer Graphics and Computer-Aided Design
- ME4180 - Mechanical Engineering Design II
- ME4182 - Mechanical Engineering Design Project
- ME4171 - Environmentally Conscious Design & Manufacture
- ME4803C - Case Studies in Sustainable Development
- ME4804 - Designing Sustainable Engineering Systems
- ME6101 - Engineering Design (formerly known as ME 6170)
- ME6102 - Designing Open Engineering Systems (formerly known as ME 6171)
- ME6103 - Optimization in Engineering Design (formerly known as ME 6172)
- ME6104 - Computer-Aided Design (formerly known as ME 6175)
- ME6105 - Modeling and Simulation in Design (formerly known as ME8813)
- ME7227 - Rapid Prototyping in Engineering (formerly known as ME 6176)
Short Courses and Seminars
Contact Farrokh Mistree for further information.
Curriculum Development and Education Projects
- The Virtual Product Realization Studio a.k.a. The Design Learning Simulator: An environment for undergraduate engineering design.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee case studies and examples.
- World Wide Web case study on automobile recycling.
- Collaborative Learning Environment for Design
- Sustainable Development Educational Case Studies
Last modified 12/27/2006 04:22 AM