Research in the SRL
Current Research Thrusts
Our projects are not an end in themselves, but a means to an end - an end that allows our student colleagues to learn how to rise to their full potential. We have worked on many different projects, but our current projects fall into these broad categories:
- Distributed Design and Manufacturing, i.e., design and manufacture using the internet and other information technology resources by people and organizations who are not physically co-located.
- Design and Manufacture of Product Families
- Environmentally Conscious Design and Manufacture, i.e., the development of (sustainable) technologies that not only increase industrial competitiveness, but also reduce the impact of our actions on the environment. Specific thrusts are in design for de- and remanufacturing; impact, cost and risk assessments; recycling, configuration design, and material and process selection.
- Modular, reusable, and composable knowledge representations for supporting the generation of analysis models.
- Representation and computation methods for uncertain information and knowledge.
Last modified 10/26/2005 03:34 PM